10 Secrets for eBay Powersellers
When it comes to eBay, there is one all-powerful goal that all sellers aim for - the label of Powerseller. Once
upon a day, the label would bring prestige and discounts for your listings.
Today, while the discounts are limited and the prestige more commonplace, the label is still vital.
So, if you sell hundreds of items every week on eBay and are starting to consider yourself a Powerseller, you
may be ready for some of the high level tricks that eBay's best and brightest have been using since 1997.
1. Choosing and Sticking with Your Niche - When you start selling on eBay, it is always
best research and find a specific niche to
focus your energies in. This will allow you to not only learn about your field, but to offer better deals for
products that are popular with your customers.
It also breeds customer loyalty when you are able to provide the same values on the same products over time.
2. Learn About Your Field - Knowledge of your field is vital. Would you purchase a new car from
someone who had no idea about the make or model or its value? Don't expect your customers to simply trust what you
have to say. Know your niche and showcase it in your copy.
3. Top Notch Customer Support - Many eBay sellers are notoriously bad in responding to customer
emails or handling returns. They let their lust for profits overcome their ability to handle the increased
Scale your customer support as you grow larger on eBay. If you sell 20,000 items a month, you should have
employees or contractors to help with support.
4. Using eBay's Store Features - Sign up for an eBay store and use it to generate SEO friendly
descriptions, easy search features and to get reduced listings fees. The cost varies between the basic plan at $15
a month and the more advanced versions at $100+ a month.
5. Easy, Low Cost Product Sources - Your products are a major part of your success and they
need to be easy to get, easy to ship, and easy to profit from. Look for dropshipping sources like SaleHoo or start
selling digital products like eBooks or software.
6. Copywriting Expertise is Key - Every auction you list is a sales page that needs to be
professionally written and edited. Even for a $20 scarf, make sure the copy is of the highest possible quality and
that it has been proof read and edited multiple times over.
This lends toward professionalism, but also helps to entice your readers. How many listings do you think are
professionally written? Yours will stand out immediately for its quality. This is a proven sales conversion boosting tactics of successful online businesses.
7. Use Tools When Available - There are dozens of eBay tools out there, starting with basic
tools like the free eBay Turbo Lister. You should have a Power Seller tool of some sort to make listing, invoicing
and feedback generation all faster. Automate wherever possible to save time.
8. Split Test Your Listings - Don't be content with what you write the first time through. Test
your listings to see what works and what doesn't. Use the analytics and research tools provided to eBay store
account holders and review who visits and how long they stay.
9. Diversify, but Not too Much - While it might be a good idea to have a single niche in which
you operate most of your business, you will also want to find small ways to diversify and try new markets.
Don't have 100 different product niches on eBay at once, but also avoid sticking all your eggs in one basket.
One small change and you could be out of a very important source of income.
10. Driving Repeat Business - Repeat business is huge for any business owner, but most eBay powersellers ignore
the opportunities here. Use email marketing and recommendation tools to bring back repeat buyers.
The more often you can get the same buyer to purchase from you, the more easily you can guarantee your income
Whether you've been on eBay for the last three years or just started selling your grandmother's pot holders last
week, know that eBay has the potential to make you massive profits. Use the tips above and constantly evolve what
you sell and how you sell it. You'll be rolling in profits in no time.
To reach the upper echelons of eBay profit, you need a helping hand - one with more than 40 lessons and
dozens of expert interviews and lessons. Sky High Auctions is that tool. Visit the link below to learn